Skip to main content
Make the most out of any wiki by using our free sister product,
Blendspace by TES
, to create interactive lessons and presentations!
Pages and Files
Links: More Internet Awareness and Safety Resources for Educators and Parents
Below are sites mentioned during the workshops. Please feel free to add appropriate resources to this list.
- OnGuardOnline.gov provides practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you be on guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your personal information. The following sites are recommended by OnGuardOnline:
CTAP Region IV Cyber Safety Resources
- Includes presentation slides, classroom posters, and many more links
Acceptable Use Policies
Don't miss these documents:
My Space Official School Administrators' Guide
Creating & Connecting: Research & Guidleines on Online Social and Educational Networking
Internet Safety Education for Teens: Getting It Right
(PDF) - The Crimes Against Children Research Center published this fact sheet to help set the record straight regarding the real dangers, real statistic, and realistic approaches to helping kids.
OCDE Cyber Safety Resources
- Includes videos, quizzes, and additional links for students, teachers, and parents.
Center for Safe and Responsible Internet Use
(Nancy Willard's site)
Stop Bullying Now
(from the US Health Resources and Services Administration) - Good resources for students and adults.
Using The Internet Safely
(from the Illinois Library Association) - With links to many relevant articles... plus bookmarks with safety tips!
- Student Curriculum empowers students to use the Internet safely, responsibly, and effectively.
- i-SAFE Inc. is the worldwide leader in Internet safety education.
- The Internet Keep Safe Coalition is a broad partnership of governors and/or first spouses, attorneys general, public health and educational professionals, law enforcement, and industry leaders working together for the health and safety of youth online.
Common Sense Media
- Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
Common Sense Schools
- With information on everything from cyberbullying to cell phones, this free parent media education program gives schools everything necessary to help parents raise smart, responsible kids.
Safe Online Surfing
site for Educators, Students, and Parents.
MySpace Safety Tips for Parents and Educators (From MySpace!):
MySpace ParentCare Software (To Track MySpace Use on a Home Computer):
And don't miss these downloads and resources from MySpace:
MySpace Guide for Parents & Families
MySpace Guide for School Administrators
A Guide to MySpace for Parents with Teens
Note: A MySpace Guide for Law Enforcement is also available (to officers) via email at
The Parent's Edge
- Giving Parents The Edge In A Tech Savvy Teen World (Includes tips, guides, and links for parents)
Don't miss the
Family Internet Safety Rules and Usage Contract
- From the Authors of
Look Both Ways
- You've mastered the rules of safe driving on streets and freeways. Now learn how to say safe on the information highway - the Internet. From the Author of
Look Both Ways
Point Smart. Click Safe.
- The National Cable and Telecommunications Association advocates "Control, Education, Choice."
Cyber Smart Curriculum
- Free student curriculum
Media Awareness Network
- To help educators address this issue in their classrooms, Media Awareness Network, with the support of the Canada Gazette, has developed the bilingual lesson series
Cyber Bullying: Encouraging ethical online behaviour
- Internet safety
for kids & parents
- Dr. Alec Couros' resources on cyberbullying, information literacy, online privacy, and MUCH more. He also provides a page specifically for
Advocates for Digital Citizenship, Safety, and Success share the latest links for
Digital Security and Safety
. (See also this
Diigo social bookmarking account
setup for this purpose by the same people. You may find more up to date resources here.)
Lori Abrahams shares
Internet Safety Curriculum
resources on her wiki.
- This is a (protected) wiki put together by the regional education service center in the Houston, TX area. They lead in with an outdated and misleading report (that induces a fear response), but check out the week's worth of lesson plans for students of all ages. And check out their additional resources.
- Another wiki setup to support presentations for parents about Internet safety.
Make IT Secure
- A resource from Ireland, recommended by the folks at CTAP Region IV.
See also the
category on Dr. Mark Wagner's blog. There are over 40 posts, including discussion about preparation of these workshops and links to more resources.
Internet safety rating via
See also more links related to Copyright on a separate workshop wiki here:
National Center for Misisng and Exploited Children
is very responsive to cases of suspicious behavior.
Check out Santa Ana Unified School District's Cyber Safety Week Curriculu
Our Services includes Advertising and Branding, Software Development, Graphic & Print Designs, Mobile Application, Internet Marketing, Web Design.
Web Hosting Company in UK
- Artich hosts leading web development company in UK, USA, Australia provides various web hosting plans including domain web hosting and dedicated hosting. Contact Web Hosting Firm Today for your web hosting needs.
Exhibition Stand Design
- Exhibition stand design & trade show display booth builders & exhibition contractors. Designing & developing promotional expo stands for clients attending trade fairs & events. Creative design ideas & innovative exposition equipment - promoting your companies products & services when exhibiting at tradeshows & public events across Europe & the UK. Economical promotional Hire & rental exhibition display kits available.
Additional interesting reading...
Online safety as we know it: Becoming obsolete?
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"